So today we’re looking at goals. This is a slightly challenging topic to discuss, especially when your creative endeavours are so varied, and ever changing. When I bought my sewing machine, my aim was to make unique items for my daughter and I to wear. I’ve reached this goal (and ensured a steep learning curve!) but now I’d like to slowly start sharing what I make and hopefully start building clients and business.
For ease, I think I’ll divide it into writing goals and crafting goals.
- Keep writing! I’ve been pretty slack since I had my daughter so need to get back to writing regularly
- Finish editing ‘Elesphere’ my young adult fantasy novel. I was pretty much finished but it needs a lot more work.
- Ongoing work on my ‘Vampire’s Bodyguard’ series. More details on this to come!
- Look into self publishing Elesphere and The Vampire’s Bodyguard next year. I’ve also got an idea to expand a short story but I’m keeping that a secret for now.
- Obviously I’d love best-seller status but frankly, having people out there, reading my work is still surreal so I’ll just take a couple more happy readers. For now.
- Ongoing skill development.
- Improving my felting and learn to make fairies and characters.
- Design and make a range of greetings cards to sell.