I can’t believe it’s May already! And what a difference a year makes – last year we were at the beginning of the first lockdown in the UK and were learning about homeschooling and trying to fill our days with different activities including Princess stained glass and bubbling slime. We celebrated May the Forth with themed baking, code breaking and a bit of Aurebesh.
This year Mr Beagle and I have been binge-watching some of the cartoons on Disney+. I enjoyed The Clone Wars but I would put a warning out that even though it’s advertised as being suitable for children aged 6+, we’ve not shown it to the Lamb as there are a number of story arcs which are quite scary and violent (I’m looking at you Maul!).
Having said that, the story arc involving Ahsoka Tano and the Season 5 and 7 endings were masterclasses in storytelling and design. She is such an amazing character, I felt compelled to crochet her to add to my fabulous Star Wars girls. I’ve also been enjoying listening to Star Wars: Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston and would definitely recommend it to any Star Wars fan.
We were lucky enough to visit Disneyland Paris last February before the world went topsy-turvy.
We queued for hours to meet Chewbacca and Rey. I remember we were all cold and tired as it was our last day and we were worried about missing our Chunnel back home as we left later than we had planned. However, it was totally worth it and a very special memory, especially having Chewie cuddle my Leia doll.
Plus I got to talk crafting with Rey and how to include hidden Rebel symbols into clothing. Yes, it was a surreal as it sounds.This year we’ll celebrate with some light sabre battles and baking but we’ll also be having a zoom quiz with our equally force-using friends. If you’d like to test your knowledge, give it a try below and make sure you let me know if you score is that of a Youngling, Padawan or Jedi Master.
Star Wars Quiz 2021
- What was the Star Wars themed festival we went to at Disneyland Paris called?
- What’s the language spoken in Batuu? (Image from Disney Food Blog)
- Can you name the droid who helps Princess Leia in ‘A New Hope’?
- In which movie are we introduced to Rey, Poe Dameron and Finn?
- What’s the codename Ahsoka Tano goes by in Rebels?
- What is the maximum number of Sith at any one time?
- According to Emperor Palpatine, what is Luke’s weakness?
- Who does Padme Amidala marry? Bonus: Can you name her children?
- What’s the codename of the plans showing the Death Star weakness in Rogue One?
- What’s the path to the Dark Side?
- What is the name of the female character to leads the Rebel Alliance?
- What does Leia dress as to enter Jabba’s palace and rescue Han? Bonus: Who helps her steal the disguise?
- How old was Padme when elected Queen of Naboo?
- What’s the name of the criminal gang Qi-ra belongs to in Solo: A Star Wars Story?
- What is the mantra of the Mandolorians? Bonus: What symbol does Mando adopt as his sigil?
Answers (no peeking!)
- Legends of the Force
- Episode VII The Force Awakens
- 2 a Master and an Apprentice
- His faith in his friends (From The Return of the Jedi)
- Anakin Skywalker (aka Darth Vader). Their twins are Luke and Leia
- Stardust (it’s the nickname Galen Erso calls his daughter Jyn)
- Mon Mothma
- A bounty hunter. In Forces of Destiny, Maz Kanata helps Leia battle bounty hunters which is where Leia gets the disguise from.
- Crimsen Dawn
- This is the way. Mando adopts the symbol of the Mudhorn after he and the Child kill one together.